1 cup self rising flour (sub with oat or rye flour)
1/4 cup raw cocoa powder
1/2 cup fine brown sugar or coconut sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup plant milk
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup icing sugar
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3-4 tbsp plant milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and spray a donut pan with non-stick spray.
2. Mix the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, salt in a large bowl. Pour the milk, melted olive oil, apple cider and vanilla into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix well until there are no lumps. Spoon the batter into the donut pan, filling about 3/4 of the way.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the donuts look set on top. Remove to cool or leave the oven open slightly.
5. In a bowl, add in the powdered sugar, cocoa, vanilla and milk. Stir with a whisk until smooth.
6. Once the donuts have cooled completely, dip the donuts, place on parchment paper to set, sprinkle over sprinkles and enjoy!