1. Preheat the oven to 180° C and grease and line two 20 cm round cake tins with parchment paper.
2. Combine the milk and lemon juice and leave to curdle for 5 minutes.
3. Beat the softened coconut oil (or vegan butter) and sugar until nice and fluffy, once whipped, fold in the milk mixture and the vanilla extract.
4. Gently fold dry ingredients into the wet ingredients by making small circles in the middle of the bowl with your spoon to minimise lumps.
5. Divide the mixture between two tins and bake until a toothpick comes out clean of cake crumbs, about 30-35 minutes.
6. Allow the cakes to cool down completely before removing from the tins and icing. Get ready for a bit of a mess.
7. Melt the chocolate and gradually add the cooled coconut milk/cream- dip the cakes in the melted chocolate ganache, let the excess drip off on a cooling rack, and then cover with coconut. Place the cakes in the fridge to set the chocolate slightly.
8. Spread the jam on the first layer, add the second layer of Lamington cake, and then decorate with the cherries and a dust of icing sugar.