https://lifeinthesouth.co/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/MG_9370-scaled.jpg 2560 1707 Mariza Ebersohn https://lifeinthesouth.co/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Life-in-the-South-Final-Logo-Grey-HD-1.png Mariza Ebersohn2023-05-04 12:38:452023-05-04 12:39:46Key Lime loaf
Key Lime loaf
4 - 6 People
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup macadamia or almond flour 1/4 cup rice flour or tapioca flour
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Soy Milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup coconut Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon White Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice Freshly Squeezed
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Zest
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a bread pan with non-stick spray and parchment paper.
- Sift all-purpose flour into a mixing bowl, along with the macadamia flour and the rice flour, and add the granulated sugar, baking soda, and salt and whisk together.
- Add soy milk coconut oil, vinegar, lime juice, and lime zest and mix into a batter. Don’t over-mix.
- Pour the batter into the bread tin and bake for 38-40 minutes until brown on top, and cooked through.
- Let the loaf cool for a few minutes and then transfer them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, cream together or blend together the ingredients until smooth.
- When your cake layers have cooled completely then spread on the frosting.
- Slice and serve.