• 2 cups Eureka cake flour
• 1/3 cup coconut sugar
• 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp cardamom
• 1/4 tsp allspice
• 1/4 tsp nutmeg
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 cup dairy-free milk, room temperature
• 1/2 cup golden syrup
• 1/2 cup unsweetened apple puree or coconut cream, room temperature
• 100ml coconut cream
• 2 cups icing sugar
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease bread tin with olive or coconut oil.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, allspice, nutmeg,
baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
3. Add in the remaining ingredients to a large bowl, and mix the wet ingredients with a hand
mixer or whisk. Then add in the dry ingredients, and gently mix until there are no streaks of dry
ingredients left using a silicone spatula.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin, and place into the oven.
5. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean.
6. Remove from the oven and allow the loaf to cool in the tin for 15 minutes, then transfer the
bread to a cooling rack to cool completely before slicing.
7. Serve as is or prepare the frosting.
8. Whisk together all of the frosting ingredients and pour over the bread and serve.