1 cup all purpose flour* spooned and levelled
1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup vegan margarine
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar or coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cashew ButtaNutt nut butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup soaked cashews (soak overnight in water-drain before blending)
1/3 cup cashew ButtaNutt nut butter
1/3 cup plant-based milk (oat milk)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup liquid sweetener of choice
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
1. In a bowl cream together the vegan margarine and the sugar until light and fluffy, stir in the cashew butter and vanilla extract.
2. Fold in the sifted all purpose flour, almond flour, salt and the chocolate chips and mix until smooth.
3. Prepare a square baking tin lined with parchment paper, press half of the cookie batter in to the tin, smoothing out with the back or the spoon.
4. Blend the filling ingredients until smooth and then pour on to the first layer of the cookie dough base, add a few choc chips and leftover cookie dough on to the filling and freeze again for an hour or so until set.
5. Once set add the final layer of the cookie dough, smooth out, add choc chips on top and freeze again.
6. Once frozen remove from the tin, slice in to squares and enjoy.