Chocolate brownie raspberry muffins
2 medium-size ripe bananas
1 Tbsp flaxseed flour (to make flax egg)
2 ½ Tbsp water (to make flax egg)
1 tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp baking soda
1/2 cup coconut sugar
3 Tbsp golden syrup
1/4 cup fresh tahini (or sub other nut or seed butter of choice)
1/3 cup melted dark chocolate
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted if needed
1 3/4 whole wheat flour
¼ cup almond flour
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, or chopped dark chocolate)
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a standard muffin tin with paper cupcake wrappers.
2. To a large mixing bowl add the banana, flax egg (flaxseed meal and water) and mash to combine, leaving only a few chunky pieces. Fold in the melted chocolate.
3. Add baking soda, baking powder, apple cider, coconut sugar, syrup, tahini, sea salt, vanilla, and olive oil and whisk well to combine. Then add cocoa powder and whisk again to combine.
4. Add in the flour and almond flour a little at a time and stir to combine. Lastly, add in chocolate chips and stir to combine.
5. Divide batter between muffin tins, filling almost 3/4 of the way, press raspberries in the muffins (2-3 for each muffin) sprinkle more chocolate chips on top before baking.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until risen. When cooked, a toothpick inserted into the center will come out clean.
Let rest in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer muffins to a cooling rack to let cool completely. These freeze really well for up to 1 month.