4 cups fresh blueberries from @checkerssa
Juice and finely grated rind of 1 Tango Fruit
1 tsp. cinnamon
A generous pinch of salt
For the Sponge:
45g vegan butter
1 cup castor sugar (keep 2 tbsp. aside for dusting) sub with coconut sugar
1/2 cup plant milk
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
130g (about 1 cup) gluten-free cake flour or sub with almond or oat flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
1. Preheat your air fryer to 160°C. Make sure to use a 2-litre capacity air fryer that is safe for use with dishes.
2. Mix the berries (set aside a handful), Tango Fruit juice and rind, cinnamon and salt, and then pour the mixture into the baking dish.
3. Air fry the blueberries for 5 minutes, then give them a good stir.
4. Cream the vegan butter, sugar (excluding the 2 tbsp.) until light and fluffy. Add the curdled milk and mix well.
5. Sift the dry ingredients into the butter and milk mixture.
6. Gently mix everything until just smooth and spoon the batter onto the blueberries.
7. Carefully spread the batter out so that it covers the blueberries.
8. Dust with castor sugar and sprinkle the last handful of berries over the surface.
9. Air fry for 40-50 minutes (depending on the air fryer brand and the shape of the baking dish) or until the top is golden and brown, and the sponge layer is cooked through. If the top starts browning before the centre is cooked, cover it with a layer of foil.
10. Serve with whipped cream, custard or ice cream.