https://lifeinthesouth.co/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/MG_4520.jpg 1023 682 Mariza Ebersohn https://lifeinthesouth.co/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Life-in-the-South-Final-Logo-Grey-HD-1.png Mariza Ebersohn2022-04-30 12:01:142022-04-30 12:07:08Banana macadamia buttercream cake
Banana macadamia buttercream cake
4 - 6 People
- 1 1/4 cups Buttanutt macadamia milk, room temperature
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 2/3 cups (460 grams) self rising flour
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 3/4 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups super ripe banana, mashed (around 3 med bananas)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Buttanutt macadamia cinnamon nut butter 1 tbsp vanilla extract
Macadamia buttercream Frosting:
- 1 cup margarine ,room temperature
- 1/3 cup Buttanutt macadamia cinnamon nut butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2–3 tbsp macadamia milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Spray two 29 cm cake pans with non-stick spray, and line them with parchment paper.
- Prepare the vegan buttermilk. Combine the dairy free milk with the apple cider vinegar, and set aside to sit for 5-6 minutes. You can weigh and measure the remaining ingredients during this time, including mashing the banana.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, corn starch, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine, sugar, and coconut sugar until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the sides as needed. Then add in the banana, macadamia cinnamon nut butter , coconut cream, and vanilla extract. Mix again on medium speed until combined, scraping down the sides and at the bottom of the bowl as needed. Add in about half of the dry mixture, along with half of the vegan buttermilk, and mix on medium speed until just combined. Add in the remaining dry mixture and vegan buttermilk, and mix until there are just no more dry streaks.
- Divide the batter between the two cake pans evenly, and bake for 40 minutes until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cakes to cool in their pans for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Once cooled completely (there is absolutely no warmth to the touch!), then you can prepare your vegan macadamia frosting frosting.
Macadamia buttercream frosting
- When ready to frost the cakes, add the margarine and nut butter to a large bowl and cream for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in 1 cup of powdered sugar at a time, continuing mixing until it’s a thick buttercream.
- Add in vanilla and 2-4 tablespoons of macadamia milk and continue to cream until desired texture.
- 4. Frost cakes, decorate with fresh fruit & flowers and enjoy!